Ashta Lakshmi – How to Attract Abundance
Ashta Lakshmi-The eight aspects or representations of Goddess Lakshmi
Ashta Lakshmi (Ashta means eight + Lakshmi means the Goddess of wealth) signifies the eight divine aspects of Ma Lakshmi. The eight representations emphasize different forms of wealth. Wealth has many forms other than the obvious one of money. You need different types of wealth and resources to be rich in a real sense. Physical, financial, spiritual and material wealth are all needed to complete life’s various needs.
Goddess Mahalakshmi represents wealth and prosperity, luck and fortune. Her eight aspects are:
1) Dhan Lakshmi or Vaibhav Lakshmi – Wealth of money and riches : “Dhan” and “Vaibhav” mean money, riches, fortune and income. It is the usual way we perceive and understand wealth. This wealth is of great importance to one who wishes to live an enriched and happy life.
2) Gaj Lakshmi – Wealth of Elephants or vehicles : “Gaj” means elephant and it symbolizes the vehicles we use to transport ourselves. It also means mobility in life and ease of travel.
3) Adi Lakshmi – Wealth of endless prosperity. Goddess of no beginnings or end : “Adi” means eternal existence. Adi Lakshmi signifies the never-ending nature of the Goddess. She has no start and no end. She is continuous. Wealth should therefore, flow continuously also. It too has always been there and always will be there.
4) Vijay Lakshmi – Wealth of victory, perserverance, courage, and confidence : “Vijay” means victory. This Goddess symbolizes the wealth of courage, confidence, fearlessness and victory. This wealth strengthens our character and keeps us moving along successfully on our life path.
5) Dhairya Lakshmi – Wealth of patience, strategy, planning, objectivity : “Dhairya” means patience. This wealth gives us the spiritual strength to face good and bad times with equal ease. It signifies the importance of planning and strategy in all our actions so we may move with caution and reach our target each time.
6) Dhanya Lakshmi – Wealth of grain, food, nourishment, and health : “Dhanya” means grain. Food is our most basic and most important wealth. We need food to sustain life. Being wealthy means we have abundance of food that keeps us nourished and healthy.
7) Vidya Lakshmi – Wealth of education, knowledge, skills : “Vidya” means knowledge. To be knowledgeable means that we have skills of various kinds. We have general information about our local, national, and international issues. We can partake in sharing information.
8) Santan Lakshmi – Wealth of children, legacy, family, friends, well wishers : “Santan” means children. Goddess Lakshmi symbolizes the social nature of man. We need each other. Children are our wealth. They are our future. The family is the basic unit of people who bring up their children. Life moves forward through its children.
Goddess Lakshmi is depicted as a woman. Most of the time, she is prayed as a mother or Ma Lakshmi. Just like a soft hearted mother she loves us and guides us. She easily grants us her blessings and boons, if we seek it. Praying to her with devotion will always fulfill your wishes.